Sunday, April 14, 2013

Finding my photographic feet again


 


I had the opportunity to take photos of the Lovely Libby who was a willing participant and wasn't put off by my constant apologising for being slow with the set up. It's been too long since I've done outdoor off camera flash portraits. I was hoping to use the Sun as my primary but it hid behind a cloud and the crisp autumnal yellows came out a bit faded.




Still trying to get back into the swing of things, the little things you forget, like...

  • never run f2.8 on the 70-200mm at the long end unless I've nailed my focusing,
  • or keeping the conversation and banter flowing with subtle directions for posing, so the photos don't come out samey,
  • or avoiding the uncomfortable silences with my tongue poking out the corner of my mouth in concentration on settings.
  • or dial back the hairline light!
Feels like learning to run all over again. Thanks for your help Libs, hope you find the photos useful!




I dunno what I said, but it must have been ridiculous
Leaf colours hadn't quite turned and the sun was hiding behind clouds, will need to try another evening.

No comments: